Friday, October 14, 2011

Amazing!

I had an amazing experience yesterday. Namely, I created a recipe of my very own. Best of all, it came out well the first time. This probably isn't the first time I've done this- I throw things together all the time, but this is the first time I deliberately planned what I wanted to do and then made it, not knowing how well it would work out.

What did I make? Honey Vanilla Friendship Bread.

It really required very few modifications to the basic recipe, and I'll share the recipe here with anyone who actually reads this- or may find this while looking up fun new friendship bread recipes online.

Start with the ~ 1 cup of starter. Add to that:

1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup honey

In a seperate bowl, combine:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 small 3.4 oz boxes of French Vanilla pudding mix
salt

Combine the two, and bake as usual in two greased and sugared pans at 325 for about an hour. Enjoy! We certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment